I took levaquin (levofloxacin) exactly like i should. I have walking pneumonia, bronchitis and sinusitis. I still feel terrible after this very strong medication?

Dr. Michael DePietro
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Need to see doctor

Levaquin (levofloxacin) is not strong or weak, it is an antibiotic that will cover many of the germs that cause bronchitis and sinusitis and pneumonia but not all.
In fact if the illness is caused by a virus their really is no antibiotic that will help. In any case if still unwell the safest thing is to speak with your doctor for further advice.

In brief: Need to see doctor

Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Sunil Mehra
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: More rx

Sinusitis requires longer treatment fit 2 weeks.
If sinusitis is back you may need drainage regarding bronchitis infection might have cleared but inflammation needs to be treated aggressively.

In brief: More rx

Dr. Sunil Mehra
Dr. Sunil Mehra
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology