What's recovery time for an umbilical hernia repair.?

Short. Most umbilical hernia repairs are done outpatient and require a very short recovery. If you do a lot of liftinig, bending and stooping and straining your time for recovery may be longer (~2-4 weeks). If you have a less strenuous vocation, then perhaps less than a week to up to 2 weeks. It will depend on your size, condition, health and complications and your doctor's opinion.
2 1/2-4 weeks. The recovery time is longer for large hernias (such as those that contain intestines) that are fixed with a large, open incision. Recovery for those is about 4 weeks. Recovery for small umbilical hernias and those fixed laparoscopically is about 2 1/2 weeks. During that time, you shouldn't lift heavy objects, or the hernia could recur. Pain is proportional to the size of the incisions.