I have had breast enlargement with silicon implant since three years. Now i feel something wrong in my left breast. Isultrasound enough to discover tumor ?

Dr. Gary Tuma
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Breast change

There are a number of things this could be.
The most common is rupture of the implant. I would recommend an evaluation by your surgeon, an ultrasound and possibly a mri.

In brief: Breast change

Dr. Gary Tuma
Dr. Gary Tuma
Dr. Chad Levitt
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Sometimes

Physicial exam by a breast specialist who is familair with your surgical history and breast anatomy is important.
Ultrasound can help rule in or rule out certain things like cysts or other types of masses. A mammogram is still helpful and other imaging may help if needed for clarification with ct or MRI on occassion.

In brief: Sometimes

Dr. Chad Levitt
Dr. Chad Levitt
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Sometimes

By your history & age, i would be more concerned about a problem with your implant rather than a tumor. Regardless, i would start by seeing a breast surgeon and getting an ultrasound (many of us offer this in our office).
If unclear, an MRI is usually the gold standard for checking for implant rupture. I usually steer clear of mammograms for 30 yr old women. Take care.

In brief: Sometimes

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: MRI / Mammogram

I would recommend that you start with a mammogram.
It is still the gold standard in breast screening. In addition mris are used to detect silicone leak from the implants.

In brief: MRI / Mammogram

Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Adam Levy