I stopped smoking cigarettes for 6 days now and I have heart attack like symptoms the pains to my neck .....Whats going on?

Dr. Craig Carter
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Musculoskeletal

Unless you have a terrible family history, you are a little too young for a heart attack.
Stopping smoking can cause anxiety and tension, which can lead to your symptoms. Obviously, if they persist or you are really concerned, consult your physician.

In brief: Musculoskeletal

Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Dennis Clifford
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Withdrawal

Nicotine withdrawal can cause many symptoms that can be alarming.
Certainly any symptoms of chest discomfort radiating to the neck should be quickly evaluated by a healthcare professional. If you are alarmed, please don't ignore the signs and seek attention.

In brief: Withdrawal

Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine