I'd toddlers are throwing up 3xs p/day or more but no fever or other symptoms what can I do to make it stop?Er.Dr says its a stomachvurus gave Zofran (ondansetron)

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Vomiting toddler
If er doctor has examined the child and did not find any other evidence of infection anywhere else and the abdominal exam was normal, then a tetative diagnosis of a viral ifection is correct.
It should be treated with fluod replacement with electrolyte solution and other apprpriate fluids and in cases where vomiting is continuing then a short course of Zofran (ondansetron) for not more then 24 hours is appropiate.

In brief: Vomiting toddler
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Craig Armstrong
In brief: Patience
If a toddler who is otherwise healthy starts vomiting 2 or 3 times a day, but has no other symptoms, time is the best cure.
There are medicines for everything, including zofran, (ondansetron) but children tend to do better with fewer medications. Encourage a good diet and keep a journal to see if what the child eats could be related to the vomiting.

In brief: Patience
Dr. Craig Armstrong
Dr. Craig Armstrong
Dr. Yash Khanna
in acute onset, you can see from my answer,i will only use anti emetics for persistence vomiting which happens some times in toddlers and can cause dehydration very quickly,to prevent that sometimes i will advise judicious use of antiemetics to prevent dehydration and hospitalisation.But if the vomiting is chronic and happens daily then a referal to ped gastroenterologist is the right t
Dr. Shontae Buffington