I have extreme pain in the right sacral joint area. I have had laminectomy of l3-4, 4-5, and later spinal fusion of the same, then a spinal implant.

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Varies

There are many potential causes and if it is severe enough to require more treatment, then it is critical to determine the exact diagnosis.
The appropriate treatment will hinge on making the correct diagnosis. A detailed histroy, exam and appropraite tests can usually detect the specific cause for your pain. I would encourage you to be thoroughly evaluated.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Brian Le
Pain Management

In brief: Sacroiliitis

With multiple lumbar surgeries, it is not uncommon to continue experience some level of pain.
If your pain is mainly in the sacral joint area, you might experience sacroiliitis. You can try nsaids if you can tolerate it and don't have any heart or kidney issues. If you pain is not improved, please see a pain specialist. You might benefit from sacroiliac joint steroid injection for your pain.

In brief: Sacroiliitis

Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: SI pain

With two failed surgeries at l3l4 i would conclude that that is not the sight of your pain generator have you done systematic diagnostic injection to identify and confirm pain generator? How about a si joint injection? Your pain may not be coming from spine , MRI abnormalities are not necessarily your pain generator , diagnostic injection can be very illuminating is the spinal implant a stimulato.

In brief: SI pain

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston