Should men on adt take a 5ar-inhibitor  when treating prostate cancer?

Dr. Jesse Mills
Urology
In brief: No
If you're already on adt, your testosterone is close to zero.
5 ari's only block the conversion of testosterone to dh-testosterone. So it is not only not fda approved, it won't help.

In brief: No
Dr. Jesse Mills
Dr. Jesse Mills
In brief: Not at this time
While some phyiscians do prescribe a 5 Alpha reducatse inhibotr when putting a ptainte on adt for prostate cancer, there is currently no proven advantage.
What is more important is that currecnt recommendations are for men on adt to have therapy done intermittently. You should disucss this with our urologist to make sure it is the correct apporach for your care.

In brief: Not at this time
Dr. Howard Adler
Dr. Howard Adler
In brief: Compicated
It is not to my knowledge fda approved for that use.

In brief: Compicated
Dr. Richard Levin
Dr. Richard Levin
Dr. Steven Seres