Is chronic psoriasis linked to heart problems?

Not Simply Skin. There has been an association between psoriasis and increased risk of heart disease possibly due to other concomitant factors (inflammation and increased lipids) that seem to exist with this condition. Screening psoriatic patients more aggressively than previously thought to modify their risky behaviors and address treatable issues would go a long way toward lowering risk before illness strikes.
Yes. The pro-inflammatory nature of psoriasis has been associated with risk for cardiovascular disease. In fact patients with psoriasis are more likely to have heart attacks & strokes than people who don't have the skin disorder. Therefore it is important to seek care if you have psoriasis and to be screened for heart disease risk factors & make lifestyle changes to minimize risk for future problems.