How can I wean my baby off of the pacifier?

In brief: Work with baby

A pacifier can be a babies best buddy or of no consequence at all.
If it is closely held, adult thinkers need to be creative helping baby give it up. Take it away or cut it up and the kid may cry & hate you for months+.I encourage a ribbon clip as they begin to walk, so they don't use the mouth as a pocket.A ziplock bag allows possession with a barrier for use. A clear case preserves the prize.

In brief: Work with baby

In brief: Decrease time of use

Pacifiers are a great for self soothing and parents need to be creative to help babe move to other interests.
Some are not attached so simply losing it will not effect the child. Yet others are firmly attached and loss would be traumatic. Providing a ribbon/clip so babe could keep it close & not use the mouth as a pocket helps. A ziploc bag allows visability& holding. Babe will toss it later.

In brief: Decrease time of use

Dr. Marcus Degraw

In brief: Throw them away

The key is realizing that babies will never wean themselves and no baby will ever get to a point of simply outgrowing them. You must make a simple decision to eliminate them and get rid of them. The standard age to do so is at 12 months of age.
Believe it or not, kids will move on very quickly once you make a firm decision. You can do it and so can baby!

In brief: Throw them away

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Angeline Hadi

In brief: Hard but doable.

http://life.familyeducation.
com/toddler/sleep/42317.html.

In brief: Hard but doable.

http://life.familyeducation.
com/toddler/sleep/42317.html.
Dr. Angeline Hadi
Dr. Angeline Hadi