Are white spots on my skin a from of skin cancer?

Need to see. See your doctor or better yet a dermatologist. Many skin lesions can be white and be normal. A dermatologist can check your skin and help diagnose and treat if necessary. Some causes of white spots include idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis to vitiligo. Skin cancer does not typically present as white spots.
Not necessarily. White spots is not a typical description for skin cancer. Nonetheless, skin issues that are new, bothersome, non-healing, or growing need to be checked to rule out skin cancer and to provide you with a definite diagnosis. See your dermatologist or family physician for more info on your white spots.