Multiple symptoms: weak immune sys., gastro prob, neuro sym, malaise, fatigue) for over a year but still no answers & losing motivation.Any suggestions?

Dr. William Byars

In brief: CFS or depression?

You've probably already looked at chronic fatigue syndrome and depression.
While you continue to pursue the answer, do everything you can to ensure you're getting good quality sleep, while minimizing stress. Otherwise things are just likely to get worse. You have to take care of yourself or you won't be able to help others.

In brief: CFS or depression?

Dr. William Byars
Dr. William Byars
Dr. Chevies Newman

In brief: In the absence of

A diagnosis one must go to the essentials.
How is your sleep at night? If fatigued during the day, can u nap if given opportunity? How high is stress and worry? How high are feelings of sadness and guilt. You may need a top down approach lest you be doing labs forever. If negative workup may need top down approach. It's quite easy, in fact, to treat if that is the issue, I do it every day.

In brief: In the absence of

Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: Fibromyalgia

A female your age can incur fibromyalgia, which often goes unrecognized by many doctors.
See a doctor who publicizes that h/ she is interested in this disorder. I have written extensively on this subject at quora.Com. My research indicates, to me at least, that fibromyalgia is a mostly acquired biomechanical disorder, with a genetic component contributed by joint hypermobility syndrome (jhs).

In brief: Fibromyalgia

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
The unifying genetic relationship in fibromyalgia is probably Joint Hypermobility Syndrome (JHS), a known genetic condition.  I have noted that a good portion of female fibromyalgia sufferers satisfy the Bristol Criteria for JHS, and are able to oppose thumb to lateral radial skin, hyperextended elbows and knees, and can place their palms on the floor with knees locked.  Most could put their feet behind their head and back bridge as youngsters and many can do so as adults.  JHS is a disorder with a spectrum of penetrance; with Marfans and Ehlers-Danlos at the clinical severity end of the spectrum.  My speculation is that the trait is conserved in females because it increases pelvic joint (SIJ and symphysis pubis) flexibility during childbirth.  Many of my patients with fibromyalgia and subclinical JHS delivered their fourth or fifth child in minutes rather than hours.  I speculate that repetitive childbirth, in conjunction with the hormone Relaxin, progressively loosens pelvic ligaments.  This functionality would seem to favor infant survivability.  To my mind fibromyalgia results from the effects of a loose ligament-skeletal system attempting to maintain a medial center of gravity via chronic muscle spasm leading to widespread ischemic trigger points (after the work of Shah at NIH).
Dr. Sandra Pinkham
Holistic Medicine

In brief: a good evaluation

Read kelly mcgonigal's the will power instinct.
If no insurance get some blood work, especially 25-oh vit d and ferritin, through direct lab services or find a doctor who will take the time to look carefully at your life since birth. See my webpage www.Pinkhammedical.Com avoid tobacco, alcohol, processed food, dairy, wheat, and sugar. Eat healthy take essential fatty acids, sleep, move, destress.

In brief: a good evaluation

Dr. Sandra Pinkham
Dr. Sandra Pinkham
Dr. Steven Seres