Is it bad to eat seafood when pregnant?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Moderation/no sushi
Eating seafood is ok as long as you do so in moderation (being aware of mercury levels in the seafood you eat for your geographic region).
Fish high in mercury include tuna, ahi, swordfish, sea bass, mackerel, tilefish, shark, marlin, etc. Additionally, you should only eat cooked seafood, avoiding the raw seafoods where infection risk is higher.

In brief: Moderation/no sushi
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
David Miller
In brief: Beware clamming
I would shy away from clamming as well.
Local health authorities should be posting which beaches are safe for harvesting shellfish and which ones have toxic algae blooms. However, you don't want to be the first case reported. Beware of clamming. As a rule i usually tell my patients to avoid it entirely; then after the delivery you can have a lobster or whatever you'd like :).

In brief: Beware clamming
I would shy away from clamming as well.
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student