Diagnosed with a urine infection but i think it might be in my kidneys too. How do I get checked?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: DMSA renal scan

Dmsa nuclear renal scan is probably best way to confirm a kidney infection.
It will demonstrate ares of dimished nuclide uptake in affected areas. Presence of back pain &/or flank or costo-vertebral tenderness ( tapping over lower ribcage at the back).

In brief: DMSA renal scan

Dr. Jason Cogdill
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: See medical provider

The difference between urinary tract infection and mild pyelonephritis (mild kidney infection) is minimal and an antibiotic will hlep.
If though you have vomiting, severe pain, visible blood in your urine, low blood pressure, fast heart rate, are feeling miserable or not getting better it could be more than UTI and/or mild pyelonephritis and you should get re-evaluated by your medical team.

In brief: See medical provider

Dr. Adam Levy