I have hyperhidrosis in my hands/feet. Are there any permanent treatments to cure the condition?

Dr. David Cooke
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Sympathectomy
The surgery can be performed minimally invasively through the chest, called video assisted thoracic surgery or vats.
It involves the cutting the nerves (sympathetic chain) that causes the excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis. It is usually an outpatient procedure. There are potential complications including compensatory sweating, so talk with a board certified thoracic surgeon.

In brief: Sympathectomy
Dr. David Cooke
Dr. David Cooke
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Surgery
There is a surgical procedure performed by neurosurgeons whic is permant where the nerves to the hand are disrupted.
However there is a safe long term solution which i recommend firstdrionic, a prescription low direct current which cause the sweat glands to swell and decrease their output for months. A special uniti is available for hands and feet.

In brief: Surgery
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology
In brief: Surgery or Botox
There are surgical procedures to minimize increased sweating of the palms.
There can be very upsetting side effects of this neurosurgery. Currtagge (scraping) and liposuction done on the deep dermis of the underarms but no surgery for the feet. Temporary effects should first be tried: (iontophoresis), aluminum chloride, Botox injections for palms and soles and maybe soon topical "botox".

In brief: Surgery or Botox
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: No
There is no permanent cure.
Your sweat glands are genetically set to produce the amount of sweat they are producing. I don't think there has been a medication designed to control that.

In brief: No
There is no permanent cure.
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc