Is it safe to ride a jet ski while pregnant?

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Please ask your OB

But i tell my pts no, too much bouncing and jostling of the uterus, could cause misc in extreme cases or premature labor if u are farther along , u should have time after you deliver to do that.

In brief: Please ask your OB

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Discourage it.

The national transportation safety board stated “personal watercraft have no braking mechanism. They coast to a stop, and while coasting, there is no turning ability.
” tom ebro, president of aquatic risk management stated “what makes personal watercraft so ultra-dangerous is the fact that it will not steer when you suddenly have a surprise and let off the throttle.” jet skis are rudderless.

In brief: Discourage it.

Personal watercraft have the worst safety record in boating. In 1999 personal watercraft made up 18 % of registered boats in California but were associated with 44% of injuries & in 2000 they made up 19 % of & were involved in 45 % of injuries. There are dangers from infection (water), bumping hard & for accidents. This is not a safe sport when pregnant.
Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: No

I would not do after 5 months.

In brief: No

I would not do after 5 months.
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Shontae Buffington