I cut my toe open and I don't know if I should go to the hospital it happened a few hours ago but now it's kind of swollen, should I or not?

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care
In brief: Open toe
The fact that you are asking whether you need to go to the emergency room for an evaluation means that you should go.
In this type of forum, none of us are able to triage an injury like this without taking a history from you. Please go see someone as soon as you can.

In brief: Open toe
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Michael Klein
In brief: Get someone to eval
If it is not clear what to do the right answer is always to have someone look at it.
I find lacerations are often a bit worse than people think they are once they are cleaned off - if pulled a bit they can prove to be deep. An urgent care center can often see you more quickly and less expensively than a hospital and there are likely several nearby. If in doubt, call your pcp to ask for advice.

In brief: Get someone to eval
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine