I have had back problems for a while now. My uncle is a chiropractor and I see him once a month, but the problems are still there. What else can I do?

Confirm diagnosis. Although spinal manipulation can be beneficial for a variety of back problems, lack of improvement warrants a visit to your family doctor, internist or orthopedist. You will need confirmation of the diagnosis and may need to implement a different treatment plan.
See an MD. Your uncle the chiropractor is no doubt a friendly and helpful person with your best interest at heart. Chiropractic offers a brief, deep massage which can give a little comfort. But there is no long term relief from chiro because they do not address the pathology. You should probably go quietly to an orthopedic specialist so uncle does not know and get a proper diagnosis and treatment.