I am about 50+ lbs overweight. I carry the weight in my arms, thighs, stomach, and butt. Am I going to have loose skin now?

Dr. Barry Handler
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Depends
On how much weight you lose, how much skin laxity you have to start with, your age, intrinsic elasticity of the skin, luck.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Barry Handler
Dr. Barry Handler
Dr. Joseph De santi
In brief: Saving Some Skin
The answer depends upon how much skin has become "incompetent" or has lost its elasticity in these areas.
Skin is quite a resilient tissue and with massage and proper hydration can achieve much of its vigor. Sadly with age the collagen in the skin changes and so does this ability. The older you are the less likely it will "snap back". A plastic surgeon is the best resource for more assistance.

In brief: Saving Some Skin
Dr. Joseph De santi
Dr. Joseph De santi
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology