Will drinking black tea a) dehydrate me more or b) add some water to my body? If my water was at 100 before, will it be less or more after tea?

Dr. Paul Cohen

In brief: Unsure of question..

If you are looking to 'hydrate' yourself simply drink more water. Tea is nice; but the caffeine in most teas usually serves as a diuretic(which will make you void/pass urine).

In brief: Unsure of question..

Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Alfredo Soto

In brief: Depends

Black tea contains a fair amount of caffeine, which is a diuretic and can lead to dehydration.
However, it is also dissolved in water that you are drinking. So the extent to which the tea can hydrate or dehydrate you depends on the concentration of caffeine in the tea you drink.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Alfredo Soto
Dr. Alfredo Soto
Dr. Steven Seres