62 yr old patient, w/ hypertension. Dispute taking Diovan (valsartan) & lodopine & thiazide (max doses) my BP is 160/95.Should I consider renal nerve denervation?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Hypertension
Maybe there are some treatments you haven't tried yet that are non invasive.
What is your lifestyle like? Can it be improved? Do you smoke, use recreational drugs or are you overweight and underexcecised. Do you meditate or do yoga or some time of mental relaxation techniques? Tried biofeedback? Tried stress management techniques? I would think surgery is last resort.

In brief: Hypertension
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Absolutely not
You should follow up closely with your pcp and if not getting anywhere with control, see a specialist in the treatment of blood pressure such as a nephrologist or cardiologist or other physician with expertise.
You shold be screened or tested for secondary causes of hypertension. Hypertention can be difficult to control for many reason and depends on many factors. Get it worked out soon. 2 impt.

In brief: Absolutely not
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Vicken Poochikian