If I took a sweat test for Crohn's diease and tested positive, does this mean I have crohn's?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Double check

I know of no sweat test for crohn's disease.
Generally, crohn's is diagnosed by a colonoscopy and biopsy, or a video capsule endoscopy. Double check what you have been told, as there is a sweat test for cystic fibrosis.

In brief: Double check

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: No

Although patients with cystic fibrosis have a higher risk of crohns disease a sweat chloride test is used to make a diagnosis of cystic fibrosis and not crohns disease.
Crohns is usually diagnosed by a colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy of the bowel with biopsies of the bowel wall.

In brief: No

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Aaron Milstone