Whats the maximum dosage of coumadin (warfarin)?

Dr. Ted King
Phlebology
In brief: Varies
I love dr. Klein's answer: "the dose that works.
" he is absolutely right. Certain south-east Asian populations have the genetics he mentioned that makes them require higher doses of Coumadin (warfarin) than others the same weight. Generally, smaller people need less than larger, too, but not always. Diet has a lot to do with dosage need.

In brief: Varies
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Michael Klein
In brief: The dose that works.
There is no exact upper limit to Coumadin (warfarin) although the most I have seen someone need is about 12mg daily.
Because Coumadin (warfarin) is so closely monitored with blood tests the right answer is the limit is the dose that gets you to your goal inr. Some people are genetically "coumadin resistant" and need much higher doses and people with high vitamin k diets also need higher doses.

In brief: The dose that works.
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology