Does vitamin B12 help improve tinnitus?

Probably not. To my knowledge, tinnitus is not a commonly reported side effect of vitamin B12 deficiency. Even if it were, taking B12 would likely help only if your B12 levels were below a healthy range.
For some people. Some B12 combinations have helped some people (arches tinnitus relief formula). It wont hurt to try it. Riboflavanoids have helped some people as well. Also worth a try. The most effective methods are the masking/retraining methods. There is some good information on www.Beyondtinnitus.Com. They have a web based music platform that can help with tinnitus therapy (i have no financial ties with them).