Was diagnosed with mono in july- can my spleen still be hurting?

Dr. Michael Klein
In brief: Possibly
I never fail to be amazed by how long mononucleosis (mono) can take to fully resolved.
I always loosely think of it taking about a semester for college students to fully recover. In general the younger you are the faster. If your left side is still very sore it may be worth checking with your doctor to make sure is really your spleen that hurts or even consider an ultrasound.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Possible
You should however ask your doctor to check you out again.
In the meanwhile, no contact sport because it may increase your risk for rupturing the spleen.

In brief: Possible
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Adam Smith