I have a MRSA infection on my knee, what shoud I do?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: See doctor

Mrsa needs to be treated with appropriate antibiotics or it can spread or the infection can get worse.
Antibiotics for MRSA include clindamycin, sulfa, minocycline, diclocallon, cephalosporins. For people who become reinvested the use of a second antibiotic the last three days Rifampin can help. Also use one cup of cloroxin a tub of water to decrease bacteria three tines a week.

In brief: See doctor

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: MRSA

Call your doctor immediately to get treatment.
Mrsa staph infections can worsen quickly and require antibiotics and special care at the site of the infection. You are usually infectious so be careful and wash your hands frequently. Follow your doctors directions carefully. Wash your towels and clothes separate from other family members.

In brief: MRSA

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo