Hi there I have sore jaw on left side only i can't bite ny teeth together or open my mouth wide my gums ain't tender could it be a start of a absess?

Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dentistry

In brief: Maybe

It might be due to an issue with your teeth or it might be due to the mucsles secondary to some time of extra function (grining and/or clenching) of the teeth.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Meng Syn
Dentistry

In brief: Classic TMJ

In the absence of swelling, the fact that you can not open your mouth wide indicates that the muscles the open your mouth are involved which normally indicates a TMJ problem. Your teeth may be mis aligned which may be the reason you can't "bite your teeth together" .
You need to see a dentist for an exam to treat this condition and to rule out an abscess with xrays.

In brief: Classic TMJ

Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Syn