How much vitamin d should I take?

Dr. Kathleen Cullen

In brief: 2000-5000 units

I recommend 2000-5000units daily.
It is best to check your levels by a lab draw. Normal range is a level between 30-100 but i feel most patients feel better around 50-70 range. Get your baseline level, supplement for 3 months and then re check your level to be sure you are getting enough.

In brief: 2000-5000 units

I recommend 2000-5000units daily.
Dr. Kathleen Cullen
Dr. Kathleen Cullen
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Depends

You may have certain risk factors that would require you to take large doses of vitamin d.
You may not have any issues and low doses would be acceptable. Most people can take 1000 mg of this daily and not risk over dosing the vitamin. Other may need to take as much as 50, 000 units weekly to get to a normal level. Have a level checked and let your pcp guide you on the dosing. Be careful.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt