My knee hurts weird when I do squats, i'm 28, have had the same problem as long as I remember, and i've never had a knee injury?

Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine

In brief: Likely knee cap

The most common and likely cause of pain in front of the knee is an irritated or early wear of the knee cap cartilage or the surface cartilage of the thigh bone that it rubs.
Other causes could include a plica, patellar tendonitis etc. For starters avoid knee extension machines, deep knee squats, lunges etc. Try therapy, antiinflammatories, ice and sometimes a knee sleeve. See an orthopedist.

In brief: Likely knee cap

Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. James Chen
Sports Medicine

In brief: Kneecap irritation

If the pain is anterior it sounds like patellofemoral pain or cartilage wear under kneecap.
If it is at the joint line may be meniscus tear. If no pain or clicking or catching in the knee sounds like the former.

In brief: Kneecap irritation

Dr. James Chen
Dr. James Chen
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Get it checked

I suggest that you get it checked out.
Although, this may be a minor thing, like patella tendinitis (inflammation of one of the tendons that hold the knee cap in place), more serious causes may also occur. You may be referred to physical therapy if your exam/xray are negative.

In brief: Get it checked

I suggest that you get it checked out.
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine