I had surgery for pyloric stenosis as an infant. I'm 40 now and can feel food moving through that part of my stomach. Do I need surgery again?

Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: Unlikely
By age 40 if there were serious obstruction or malfunction with your pylorus it would have been manifest a long time ago.
That is assuming that you can eat and not vomit and have no symptoms of indigestion, reflux or other symptoms like irritable bowel syndrome.

In brief: Unlikely
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: Not necessarily...
Most likely not; you are probably experiencing some increased motility from what you ate.
Scar tissue forms after any major surgery; but as your procedure was so long ago i would say no. If you experience any vomiting of blood or undigested food, change in bowel habit, or change in bowel habit then i would suggest a visit to the primary care doc; and possibly a GI consult.

In brief: Not necessarily...
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Jonathan Jassey