A nurse tried to get a vien on my wrist & hit a nerve. 2 mos. Later if I hit the spot a tingling sensation down my pointer finger. Should I see a doc ?

Pathology
In brief: Sign of repair
The tingling sensation may actually be a sign of regeneration of the nerve.
If you do not have numbness in the finger, you may not need to see a doctor. However, till you recover full sensation in the finger, avoid injury or burns to the finger.

In brief: Sign of repair
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Not necessarily
The nurse may have injured a small cutaneous sensory nerve with the IV needle while starting your iv.
This can happen. I am not sure what any type of physician would do for this to "fix" it or that it really could be "fixed". It will more than likely go away with healing & time. If you are concerned enough, then cerainly you could seek an opinion from a nuerosurgion, orthopedist or hand surgeo.

In brief: Not necessarily
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Pathology
In brief: If there's a mass
Sorry that happened.
Takes a long time for a nerve to heal. If serious pain develops or you have a palpable mass there, you may have something in need of treatment / treatable. Otherwise, no worries i had my sciatic nerve hit by an inept injection as a teen; hurt on and off for three years but nothing to do.

In brief: If there's a mass
Sorry that happened.
Dr. Stephen Berns
Pathology
In brief: Don't worry
It will most likely heal on it's own.
Nerves take a long time to grow back after they have been injured. If you are very worried, consult your doctor.

In brief: Don't worry
It will most likely heal on it's own.
Dr. Stephen Berns
Dr. Stephen Berns
Dr. Eric Weisman