Upper right adominal pain. Randomly comes and goes for the past 3 years. Excrutiating dull pain followed by diahrea 6-8 hours later. Not gallbladder. ?

Dr. Paul Cohen

In brief: Unsure

Your inquiry is not descriptive enough for me to comment on; are you male/female; any history prior surgery, etc.
My advice is to go see your primary care physician and get examined!

In brief: Unsure

Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Jamie Berkes
Internal Medicine - Hepatology

In brief: See a specialist

There are many potential causes for your symptoms including irritable bowel disease, sphincter os oddi dysfunction, hepatobiliaru disease, pancreatic diseases, and colitis.
I recommend seeing a gastroenterologist if you have not done so. At the minimum you should have complete labs performed during an exacerbation and undergo abdominal imaging and possible upper and lower endoscopy.

In brief: See a specialist

Dr. Jamie Berkes
Dr. Jamie Berkes
Dr. Arnon Rubin