Can obesity related pulmonary hypertension be reversed?

Dr. Yu Yu Jeff Lin

In brief: Most likely

There is a greater risk of obstructive sleep apnea (osa) with obesity which can then lead to pulmonary hypertension.
If you lose the weight, osa will improve in a number of individuals and possibly resolving the pulmonary hypertension as well.

In brief: Most likely

Dr. Yu Yu Jeff Lin
Dr. Yu Yu Jeff Lin
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: Nothing to lose to t

You have nothing to lose in trying and weight loss will definitely take some pressure off of the disease and maybe help how well you feel even if you could not reverse the pulmonary hypertension.
See my website on recommendations for weight loss. www.medacpc.com.

In brief: Nothing to lose to t

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Fernando Torres
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

There is a very nice article published a few years ago where patients who were morbidly obese and had phtn underwent bariatric surgery and the phtn corrected.
I have had the same experience with some of my patients. Please, do not misunderstand my answer. I am not recommending that patients with phtn loose weight to correct their phtn. This is only for patients with obesity causing phtn.

Dr. Fernando Torres
Dr. Fernando Torres
Dr. Steven Seres