I want to join the air force but have bad vision. Will getting lasik surgery impede my acceptance?

Dr. Mihir Parikh
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: No it should not

I suggest reviewing what the requirements are for the air force prior to undergoing the surgery.
You would like to specifically confirm that doing lasik (versus prk) will not disqualify you from the air force and what must be the uncorrected and best corrected vision after surgery to still qualify. I suggest showing that paperwork to the surgeon and make sure they are comfortable filling out.

In brief: No it should not

Dr. Mihir Parikh
Dr. Mihir Parikh

In brief: Site

This site provides exact specifications.
http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/disqualifiers-medical-conditions.html.

In brief: Site

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Possibly

Some branches of the military allow laser eye surgery but have limits to the maximum prescription prior to treatment.
Ask a recruiter about specifics.

In brief: Possibly

Ask a recruiter about specifics.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Steven Seres