What would be signs or symptoms of ischemia?

Dr. Brian Santin
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Depends

It really depends on what/where the ischemia is related to.
For instance if it were the intestines then someone could have pain in their abdomen whereas if the ischemia were related to blockage in the arteries in their legs, it could present as pain in the foot/leg. I hope this helps clarify this a bit more.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Brian Santin
Dr. Brian Santin
Dr. Richard Sanders
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Reduced bloodSupply

Ischemia indicates reduced blood supply.
Depending on the area or organ you refer to, symptoms will be in that area. Ischemia of the heart will show up as chest pain or even a heart attach. Ischemia of a leg will have symptoms of calf pain on walking, coldness in the foot, or even a non-healing ulcer on a toe.

In brief: Reduced bloodSupply

Dr. Richard Sanders
Dr. Richard Sanders