I am using a humidifer and saline nose drops with my 6week old and it seems she is getting worse. What wlse can I do?

Dr. Michael Klein
In brief: Check with doc
Often when newborns get colds, they sounds much worse than they actually are.
Because there noses are so small the air going through can make a lot of noise like a trumpet, and it can take 7-10 days before they sounds less stuffy. In newborns, it takes a lot of practice to know what is a cold and what isn't, esp with first child, so always better to see their doctor if in doubt. Call with any fever!

In brief: Check with doc
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
In brief: Congestion.
There are no medication for 6 week old babies with congestion.
You can elevate the head of the bed, do steam showers and suction the nose frequently.

In brief: Congestion.
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Jonathan Jassey