Would the nail growth be normal after having an ingrown toe nail?

Possibly. If you had permanent removal of the border, it shouldn't ever grow back. If you had the non-permanent procedure done, it should grow back normally over the course of the next year. Occasionally, though, the ingrown or infected nail was traumatized enough that it grows back thick, discolored, or not at all.
Ingrown toenail. New nail growth after an ingrown toenail should be normal as long as there was no traumatic injury to the nail plate.