How can I treat chronic sinus flare ups that don't let me breath?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Maximal medical tx

"chronic sinusitis" is an episode of sinusitis that has been present for > three months.
When i see patients with "chronic sinusitis, " i will treat them with a minimum of three weeks of antibiotics (augmentin), oral steroids (medrol dose pak), and nasal steroids (nasonex). I usually follow this with a ct of the sinuses. I do not use decongestants. This thickens secretions and may worsen symptoms.

In brief: Maximal medical tx

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Agree with Dr. meider. Also suggest workup by an allergy specialist to determine what you are allergic to and to give treatment e.g. desensitization injections. This may help get to the root of the problem and prevent recurring episodes.
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice

In brief: Abx with decongest.

I would consult your primary care doctor. But you may need a course of antibiotics with a decongestant.

In brief: Abx with decongest.

Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Arnon Rubin