I suffer from anxiety, especially from people in authority or when the 'spotlight' is on me in a group pf people - can you recommend something?

The basics. First see your family doctor as medical issues can contribute to anxiety. He may also be able to help with this problem. And, when medically cleared, you can see a therapist and have a psychiatric evaluation.
Therapy and/or meds. The 'quick fix' is tranquilizer medication when anxiety arises, but this does not treat the cause of the problem. Cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt) can help you learn not to be anxious in these situations. Traditional therapy (called "psychodynamic' or just "dynamic") explores the emotional roots of your anxiety. Either type of therapy helps you avoid anxiety in the future.