I suffer from anxiety, especially from people in authority or when the 'spotlight' is on me in a group pf people - can you recommend something?

Dr. Susan Uhrich
In brief: The basics
First see your family doctor as medical issues can contribute to anxiety.
He may also be able to help with this problem. And, when medically cleared, you can see a therapist and have a psychiatric evaluation.

In brief: The basics
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Steven Reidbord
In brief: Therapy and/or meds
The 'quick fix' is tranquilizer medication when anxiety arises, but this does not treat the cause of the problem. Cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt) can help you learn not to be anxious in these situations.
Traditional therapy (called "psychodynamic' or just "dynamic") explores the emotional roots of your anxiety. Either type of therapy helps you avoid anxiety in the future.

In brief: Therapy and/or meds
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice
In brief: Mindfulness
I would read on literature on "mindfulness" to deal with your anxiety.

In brief: Mindfulness
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice
In brief: Read on mindfulness
Check out info and books on mindfulness.

In brief: Read on mindfulness
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi