Can gallstones cause left sided upper abdominal pain? Pain comes and oes and does not seem to be food related but ultrasound dies show that I have one

Dr. Joey Bluhm
Surgery

Its not the classic presentation but gallstones can cause pain in several locations.
I would make sure you don't have pain from other causes before removing your gallbladder so that you are not subject to an unnecessary operation, but if the workup of your pain reveals no other source than the stones, you would be a candidate for gallbladder removal.

Dr. Joey Bluhm
Dr. Joey Bluhm
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery