Is it safe to eat feta cheese while pregnant?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
First of all the entire country of greece seems to have no problems with eating feta and having babies.
The issue with soft cheeses is not the cheese per se but that soft cheese may be made from unpasteurized milk and that can be linked to listeria infection. Most cheese in america is made from pasteurized dairy including feta. In addition, listeria can grow in any spoiled food, not just dairy.

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Yes, if pasteurized.
All pasteurized dairy products are safe in pregnancy, including my favorites - greek feta cheese and greek yogurt.

In brief: Yes, if pasteurized.
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
There is no contraindication.

There is no contraindication.
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Shontae Buffington