After being seizure free for 15yrs on Dilantin level 2.3 my dr said i can wean off will my body know the difference from 400mg to 300mg when cutting ?

In brief: Doctor knows best...

One should follow the doctor's instructions when weaning a medication.
One's body can tell some difference if a medication is dropped by 25%, but the question is whether or not that difference matters. If the difference produces no symptoms of significance, then it may not matter. After 15 long years, one can wean a bit slower if worried about the weaning.

In brief: Doctor knows best...

Dr. Frances Dyro
Neurology

In brief: It is safe to wean.

If your Dilantin level is 2.
3 on 400 mg a day, and you have been seizure free for 15 years, it is unlikely that weaning off of the drug will have any significant effect. The therapeutic level of Dilantin is in the 10-12 range. Many neurologists will wean patients off of drugs if they are seizure-free for 3-4 years and have a normal eeg.

In brief: It is safe to wean.

If your Dilantin level is 2.