I frequently have to make myself yawn to feel like I am taking a full breath. Am I going crazy?

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: No

Yawning does really enhance deep breathing.
There are many reasons this may be the case- perhaps you are a smoker, do you have underlying lung disease such as asthma. Make sure you see your healthcare provider to make sure the yawning is just a benign event.

In brief: No

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: No

I know what you are talking about.
It may feel like air gets stuck somewhere half way through your airways. Unless you have a definite lung or/and heart problem, the condition you are describing has to do with your respiratory center in the brain and is nothing to worry about. Try to breath in through your nose and make slow deep breaths. Stay calm and try not to worry too much. You'll get over it.

In brief: No

I know what you are talking about.
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology