Help, 3 yr old throwing up and diarea? What can I give him? No fever. Iarea? What cam I give him? N

Dr. Scott Katz
In brief: Vomiting Protocol
This is usually viral, and will resolve with time and the following.
Allow your son's stomach to rest for the next 2 hours. Don't give him anything. Then start with 1-2 teaspoons of a clear liquid every 15 minutes, preferably pedialyte. Every hour you may increase the amount by 1-2 teaspoons if tolerated. After 6 hours you may begin solids. If he continues to vomit, or is dehydrated call his md.

In brief: Vomiting Protocol
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz
Signs of dehydration include a dry mouth, crying without tears, lethargy and/or no urine output for 8 hours or longer.
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
In brief: Vomiting/ diarrhea
For vomiting and diarrhea you can try pedialyte.
Initially, try ice chips, then small amounts of cold ice water and then pedialyte. Avoid juice, as it make diarrhea worse.

In brief: Vomiting/ diarrhea
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Jonathan Jassey