I lost 100lbs, I exercise daily, I eat 70% raw fruit + veggies. Avg. Sodium is 2.3g, potassium 4.5g. My BP is 134/68. Where could I be going wrong?

Mike Moore
In brief: You're doing fine...
You have made excellent progress towards a more healthy lifestyle.
Why do you think something may be going wrong? If you had high blood pressire it is now normal. What is your weight goal? Good idea to take a multivitamin, omega 3 oil and vitamin d=3 and b-12. Be sure you continue to follow up with your physician, continue your weight loss/exercise, and please don't get discouraged!

In brief: You're doing fine...
Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
3 comments
Mike Moore
That is perfect! You may need to eventually be on BP meds again...sometimes we don't know what causes hypertension, and we just have to treat it because we know it's harmful in the long run. We do like to get your BP as close to 102/80 as possible, but for you that might not be attainable. Good luck & you're doing great!
Dr. Quang Nguyen
I think Mike meant 120/80 but agree with all the above. The main goal in weight management is to do it gradually and to be able to maintain it long term, which you are doing. Keep up the good work.
Dr. Mark Stern
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Nowhere
You're doing fine; if genetics make you have higher blood pressure you can still have it despite doing everything right.

In brief: Nowhere
Dr. Mark Stern
Dr. Mark Stern
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine