I drained pus from gum abscess--all ok. No pus now; a very tiny bead of fluid about ready (or not) to drain by itself. I help it along? Under care.

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dentistry

In brief: Yes, you can

If pain does not occur, it is best to let the health care provider to take a look to determine the drainage tract (where it originates from).

In brief: Yes, you can

Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Great

But this doesn't address the cause.
See your dentist for a proper diagnosis and treatment!

In brief: Great

But this doesn't address the cause.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Your question?

It sounds like you are under the care of a dentist for a gum abscess and things are improving? You need to follow the directions given to you by your treating dentist and make sure you see your dentist with follow-up visits until your dentist tells you that the infection is completely gone, healing well, and that you do not need any further treatment.

In brief: Your question?

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine