I have pain above my knee after speed running...Is it muscle, bone or cartilage, and what can I do about it?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
In brief: Muscle/tendon
This is accumulated Lactic Acid and inflammation the best course of action is increased water; if you can get enhanced pH water that is microclustered from a health food store even better. Topical antiinflammatories such as topical recovazon gel is highly effective in reducing pain and inflammation.
www.medacpc.com.

In brief: Muscle/tendon
www.medacpc.com.
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Tendinitis
If the pain is directly above your knee cap, it may be tendinitis of the quadricep tendon.
Stretching, bracing, and backing down on the speed running may help.

In brief: Tendinitis
Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine