What are the symptoms of appendicitis vs ovarian cyst?  

Onset of pain. On physical examination, it is often very difficult to distinguish a ruptured right ovarian cyst from appendicitis; however, with a ruptured cyst, the onset of the pain is typically "hyperacute", whereas, with appendicitis the pain often begins like a typical "stomach ache" in the upper or mid abdomen before "moving" to the right lower abdomen.
Might be hard to tel. Ovarian cysts if unruptured usually cause no symptoms. When they rupture, their presentation may be essentially indistinguishable from that of appendicitis - lower abdominal pain (may be right or left or bilateral). There may be fever, nausea/vomiting present. Ultrasound and/or ct abdomen/pelvis usually helps differentiating between the two.