When I was just kid I had bloody nose, now I am 21 still have bloody nose, how do I prevent it? Sometimes won't stop for 2-5min(iam firstaid certified

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Nose bleeds
The best way to prevent nose bleeds in your situation is to keep the nose moist.
You can try nasal saline spray and saline based gel that can be applied gently with a qtip 2-3 time a day depending on the humidity.If you sleep in a dry environment get a humidifier. If the symptoms persist or accompanied by nasal obstruction, visit an ENT for evaluation. Cauterizaiton of a blood vessel maybe needed.

In brief: Nose bleeds
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Don't irritate it
Bacitracin ointment gently rubbed into each nostril with a clean finger 2 to 3 times a day can help to coat the front of the septum which is the most common site of bleeding.
I also like ponaris oil which is an over the counter product made of medicinal plant oils that acts as "chapstick" for the dry angry nose. I don't like saline for nose bleeds as although it may wet it doesn't moisten.

In brief: Don't irritate it
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Seek ENT consult
You may have inborn weakness of the nasal mucosa by having a fragile venous net close the mucosal surface.
This causes it to bleed after a minor trauma (nose picking usually) or even when the mucosa gets excessively dry (winter time in some areas). Ent docs may help freeze that area to help you with your problem.

In brief: Seek ENT consult
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Jonathan Jassey