If a pregnant woman has the jaundice of pregnancy, can she still use tylenol (acetaminophen) for headaches?

Dr. Jamie Berkes
Internal Medicine - Hepatology

In brief: Ask you OBGYN

Contrary to popular belief, the use of tylenol (acetaminophen) is not contraindicated in most liver diseases if the total daily dose is < 3000-4000 mg.
The exceptions would be acute tyenol overdose and active alcoholic liver disease. I would ask your obstetrician to ensure there is no contraindications from a fetal standpoint.

In brief: Ask you OBGYN

Dr. Jamie Berkes
Dr. Jamie Berkes
Dr. Rahil Malik

In brief: Speak to your ooctor

Depending on the cause behind the jaundice and the extent of liver dysfunction, your doctor may or may not recommend tylenol (acetaminophen) for your headaches.

In brief: Speak to your ooctor

Dr. Rahil Malik
Dr. Rahil Malik
Dr. Vikram Patel