Should I expect my ex27 week preemies to gain weight at a rate similar to other kids their age? @4yr the 3rd 5th or 11th %ile, should they stay there?

In brief: Yes, usually
By age 4 years, most ex-preemies follow a percentile line pretty well, on the regular growth chart.
The extremely disabled ex-preemies can have trouble growing due to their multiple problems, and may not follow the regular growth chart. A pediatrician can periodically measure a child to see whether or not more needs to be done to help with growth.

In brief: Yes, usually
Dr. Scott Katz
There are blood tests and an xray of the hand that can be ordered to assess your child's growth. Once they are completed, your should see a pediatric endocrinologist.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: Perhaps
There are many ways to approach growth.
Being born at 27 weeks does create some challenges. Look for a chinese medicine practitioner in your area and consult with them. Chinese medicine can help balance and harmonize the healthy condition and help the body repair itself over time and improve growth. I have had good success with my patients. In addition to your regular doctor's advice tcm can help.

In brief: Perhaps
There are many ways to approach growth.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Shontae Buffington